The big news this week is that POPVOX/TN is live!
Since POPVOX started back in 2010 to connect people with their lawmakers in Congress, we have received hundreds of requests for state versions. We got the message. This week, we are kicking off with POPVOX Tennessee!
The POPVOX Tennessee pilot features five issues that may come up in the next General Assembly session. Selected to provide a range of topics, the highlighted issues provide an opportunity for anyone to “support” or “oppose” and share their input with lawmakers. (As always, POPVOX never endorses or opposes any proposals, we simply provide a way for you to share your voice.)
Visit POPVOX/TN to share your thoughts on these issues with Tennessee lawmakers.
#ICYMI TN Roundup
Here’s your highlights from across the state this week:
- Long lines in some county election officse on Tuesday — the last day to register for the 2016 election.
- Thinking of writing in a choice for president? In TN, it MUST be one of these eight in order to be counted.
- TN high school graduation rates are on the rise.
- The nation is watching the Tennessee Promise free college tuition program and asking: Will it work?
- Newsweek profiled tragic White Pine, Tennessee shooting by 11-year old and “negligent storage” laws.
- One state lawmaker documented fact-finding mission to Colorado to learn about their marijuana decriminalization laws. (Weigh in on that issue)
- State officials broke ground on the new Tennessee State Veterans Cemetery at Parkers Crossroads.
- TN Median household income was up 6.4 percent last year (second highest gain in the country and tops in the Southeast).
- Do you know “Carl from Nashville”? He’s kind of big deal! How A Nashville Metal Scrapper Became Nationally Known For His Politics